Good news: we’ve posted the new 2013 Activity Kit! There’s a lot in the kit this year:
- Age-appropriate marine conservation and educational activities featuring Dr. Seuss’ One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish classic book characters
- New customizable Dr. Seuss graphics to help market your event
- NEW favorite activities submitted by educators at zoos and aquariums
- Free educational activities from ARKive
- Updated vendor and product resources for a One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish retail statement.
- Cross-promotion opportunities with Dr. Seuss Enterprises and Random House Children’s Book
Download the Dr. Seuss Materials
If you want to download the entire kit, including the Dr. Seuss materials, you should send us an email and we’ll give you the password. Note that your organization must be a partner of The Ocean Project. Not a partner? Sign up now – free and easy! Click here to join. Sorry, we can’t distribute the Dr. Seuss materials to individuals.
Not sure if you’re a partner? Click here to search on our Partner Map.
Don’t want to become a partner? That’s fine too, you can download these other activities!
This zip file has all of the AZA educator activities, enjoy!
Make an ocean promise
Ask people at your World Oceans Day event to make a promise for the ocean. All they have to do is change ONE habit in their everyday lives for a healthier ocean. Learn more here. If your event is geared towards kids, we have a free Ocean Promise coloring sheet available for download!
PLUS: We’re partnering with Rubio’s this year to raise money for World Oceans Day and add excitement to your event!
Would you like a Rubio’s tasting at your institution, or vouchers for your visitors to get a free reusable bag? Check to see if there’s a Rubio’s near you (CA, UT, CO, AZ) and contact us for more info.
Thanks for being a part of World Oceans Day, and feel free to contact us with any comments or questions.